Veterinary Center of Parker, Inc. Summer Reading Program
Kids who do not read over the summer will lose more than two months of reading achievement – often dubbed the “summer slide” by literacy experts.
By the end of 6th grade, kids who lose reading skills over multiple summers could be two years behind their classmates, according to Reading is Fundamental.
Since Colorado schools closed in March, reading practice is needed more than ever.
The VCPI Tails and Tales Summer Reading Program can help!
Pets are great listeners. Even if they can’t understand the story!
Who Can Participate?
- Children 12 years old and younger
- Clients, non-clients
- Pet owners, non-pet owners (read to your friend’s pet or a stuffed animal!)
Ready, Set, Read!
- The Tails and Tales Summer Reading program will run July 1- August 31
- Your child will need to log at least 5 books on their reading log in that timeframe to win prizes!
- You will submit the complete reading log in-person at the clinic to redeem your prize!
- We will accept reading logs up until Friday, September 11th!
- Read at least five books aloud to your pet. Ideally, the books should be at the child’s reading level. If you do not have pets, you can use a friend or neighbor’s pet or even read to their favorite stuffed animals! (Any pets count, dogs, cats, hamsters, fish, birds, reptiles, horses, etc!)
- WE WANT TO SEE PICTURES!! We would love to see your kids reading! Please fill out our Photo Submission Form and include any pictures you capture of your kids participating in the summer reading program that you authorize us to use for future marketing purposes.
REGISTER FOR THE VCPI TAILS AND TALES SUMMER READING PROGRAM HERE
We're proud to serve Parker, CO and the surrounding communities.
There is no question too big or too small. If you need anything at all for your pet, please use the information below to contact us immediately.
12311 Pine Bluffs Way, Unit 115
Parker, CO 80134
Sat: 8AM – 12PM, Sun: Closed
*Closed 11 AM - 1 PM on Wednesdays for a staff meeting
We're proud to be AAHA accredited.
We are an AAHA-accredited veterinary hospital. That means we hold ourselves to a higher standard. Pets are our passion, and keeping them healthy is our number one priority. We strive to deliver excellent care for pets because your pets deserve nothing less.
Have a question?
Complete the form below, and we'll be in touch with you shortly. If you need immediate assistance during business hours, please call us directly at 720-851-0820.
Ready to come see us?
Request your next appointment with the Veterinary Center of Parker, Inc. online!